The Application Support and DevOps Engineer efficiently identifies business and technical requirements working collaboratively with representatives from various functional and business areas to design agile and secure solutions. CyberPower currently supports its global omnichannel manufacturing and distribution strategy using Microsoft Dynamics GP, Salesforce.com, SPS Commerce, ProShip, HighJump Warehouse Advantage, HighJump Accellos, HighJump vSync, Salsify, Scribe, and in-house developed SQL based solutions. Therefore, a functional knowledge of ERP, supply chain, fulfillment, WMS, and TMS solutions is required. In addition, experience with EDI, ETL, and interfacing with retailor eCommerce technologies working with customers like Amazon, BestBuy, Target, and Walmart preferred. Solutions must be approved and developed in accordance with CyberPower’s architectural, technology, and design methodology standards (e.g. Continuous/Agile/Lean, DevOps, SOA/Micro Services). Excellent communication, technical, organizational, estimating, and time management skills are required.
- SQL Database Administration: Administrator all SQL databases used by CyberPower, including databases supporting Microsoft Dynamics GP, HighJump Warehouse Advantage, HighJump Accellos, and HighJump vSync. Tasks include troubleshooting, performance & tuning, maintenance, and backup/recovery consistent with CyberPower’s DR/BC and RPO/RTO objectives.
- SQL Database/ERP/WMS/TMS Development: Development and customization of the company’s systems and databases. Tasks include creating application screens, reports, custom queries, views, tables, and interfaces.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Administrator: Common tasks include changing settings as needed, deploying customized reports and forms, etc. Other tasks include troubleshooting errors and implementing upgrades and fixes to GP.
- HighJump Administrator: Common tasks include changing settings as needed, troubleshooting errors experienced by users, setting up web terminals, virtual terminals, promotion of changes, etc.
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage highly available and scalable solutions.
- Automate everything from deployment to monitoring and management to incident response.
- Monitor solution stability and performance and troubleshoot solution issues.
- Maintain and enhance cloud management, reporting, automation, and monitoring tools.
- Participate in an on-call, operations support rotation.
- Collaborate with other developers/providers to bring new features and services into production.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate with other engineering personnel and mentor junior team members.
- BS/BA degree in a technology discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 7-10 years relevant experience in software development/solution engineering with at least one significant technical leadership role (project lead, architect, etc.), and expertise in DevOps, software engineering, systems engineering, and administration.
- 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing highly scalable cloud-based solutions (e.g. PaaS, IaaS, or SaaS).
- Candidate must be results-oriented, pro-active, self-motivated, and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Candidate must have a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team with a positive professional attitude.
- Excellent speaking, interpersonal, written, and presentation skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in SQL/Stored Procedures, Python, ETL, EDI, and RESTful APIs.
- Experience designing Continuous/Agile/Lean, DevOps, and SOA/Micro Services solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Salesforce.com, SPS Commerce, ProShip, HighJump Warehouse Advantage, HighJump Accellos, HighJump vSync, Salsify, and Scribe preferred.
- Solid troubleshooting, debugging, and risk management skills.
- A passion for technology and the ability to self-motivate and quickly learn is essential.
- Onsite daily attendance is an essential function for this position.