Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Channel Sales Executive will be responsible for managing channel sales for Federal and SLED focused solution provider partners. A successful candidate will bring significant knowledge and an in-depth understanding of technology sales and channel dynamics. With the directive to establish and build long term partnerships, this individual will earn, maintain, and expand relationships and mindshare with channel reseller and distributor partners. This role is responsible for partner management, recruitment, profitability, and sales growth within the assigned Federal and SLED markets.
- Manage and cultivate multiple relationships at all levels within assigned Fed/SLED reseller, distributor, and end user customers to successfully implement initiatives and growth plans.
- Identify, recruit, and develop new reseller partners
- Monitor RFP and bid intelligence data for applicable opportunities.
- Communicate solution recommendations, product knowledge and support collateral to sales teams within partner accounts.
- Conduct and lead sales calls, customer training, and webinars when necessary.
- Educate reseller sales professionals on products, programs, promotions, competitive advantages and how to sell products to FED/SLED customers through product knowledge sessions.
- Participate in industry trade shows, events, trainings and outings.
- Manage and execute sales promotions and marketing activities to specified goals.
- Participate in forecasting and development of growth initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working as a Federal/SLED Account Manager for a manufacturer, distributor, or solution provider is preferred.
- 4+ years of Federal/SLED sales experience in the technology, IT, or telecom industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required based on experience.
- A proven track record of sales excellence with consistent achievement of assigned objectives and quotas.
- Military experience and/or familiarity with government purchasing practices is a plus.
- Excellent written verbal, presentation and phone communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in assigned and target accounts.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.