The Channel Sales Executive establishes and builds long term partnerships. This individual will earn, maintain, and expand relationships with assigned channel partners. This role reports to the Director of Distribution and Etail Sales and is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment at assigned distribution accounts.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner account territory.
- Coordinates the involvement of company employees, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volumes and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones with partners.
- Sells through partners to end-users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners.
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Meet or exceed quota expectations.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Budget, plan, and execute annual marketing plans for managed accounts.
- Select, attend and manage trade shows, events, trainings and outings that the company will be represented at.
- Manage and execute sales promotions and marketing activities and initiatives to meet or exceed specified goals.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Educate distribution and reseller sales professionals on products, programs, promotions, competitive advantages and how to sell products to customers through product knowledge sessions.
- Manage assigned accounts by conducting and leading customer training events and webinars.
- 5+ years’ experience of technology-based sales experience. Data/Com, Electrical, or IT Channel sales experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’ work experience
- Proven track record of sales excellence and consistent achievement of assigned objectives and quotas.
- Knowledge of power supply products and market.
- Proven ability to develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in assigned accounts
- A proven track record of sales excellence with a consistent achievement of assigned objectives and quotas.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
- Minimum of 50% travel is required.