The Channel Sales Specialist is the key point of contact between CyberPower and its channel partners in a defined region. This position reports to the Director of Sales and is responsible for generating sales growth, building long-term relationships, answering queries, offering advice, and introducing new products.
- Manage and cultivate multiple relationships at all levels within assigned reseller, distributor, and end user customers to successfully implement initiatives, objectives and growth plans.
- Lead and direct the work of assigned reseller and distributor sales teams and representative firms.
- Responsible for managing and leading product pricing negotiations and discounts with assigned resellers and distributors.
- Provide customer service and sales support to all assigned resellers, distributors, and end user customers.
- Generate consistent sales growth in all sales areas of the business through education, service, & initiatives.
- Manage assigned reseller accounts and recruit new partner accounts.
- Approve account membership in the Alliance Program.
- Conduct and lead sales calls, customer training, and webinars when necessary.
- Educate reseller sales professionals on products, programs, promotions, competitive advantages and how to sell products to customers through product knowledge sessions.
- Provide product recommendations and support collateral for all relevant opportunities and communicate information to
- Participate in requested trade shows, events, trainings and outings. Follow-up on all trade show and event leads.
- Manage and execute sales promotions and marketing activities to specified goals.
- Participate in forecasting and development of growth initiatives.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in the technology, IT, Datacom, or telecom industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required based on experience.
- Proven track record of sales excellence with consistent achievement of assigned objectives and quotas.
- Proven ability to develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in assigned and target accounts.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
- Some travel may be required