The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will lead the field service program, while also acting as the technical expert to field/inside sales, customers, reseller partners and distributors of CyberPower’s UPS products. The FSE will assist product management with the development of product service documentation, develop and implement a technician certification and training program, and be the primary technical support person for CyberPower’s high VA UPS products. Additional responsibilities for the development of the field service network and may visit customer sites to perform pre-sale site assessment, installation, maintenance and/or repair services.
- Collaborate between engineering, tech support, product management and Third-Party Service Provider to resolve customer issues, including product inspection and analysis.
- Responsible for the development and updating of product document, Manuals, Service Site documents and provide applicable labor time allocations within applicable resources.
- Partner with other internal partners in the creating, updating and distribution of training materials
- Develop and maintain defined service efforts including, but not limited to, average time labor, corrective tools and documented procedures.
- Develop and maintain how-to videos, training materials and retention surveys providing outcomes and results to leaders to allow them to provide appropriate training and coaching.
- Regularly audit third party Certified Service Providers and Technicians, providing recommendations for changes to support the organization.
- Regularly perform and audit a wide array of business needs, including but not limited to, power audits, equipment solutions proposals, site assessments and validation of sales proposals.
- Review and assess installation plans to ensure all quality assurance needs are achieved.
- Field all high VA UPS system customer inquiries and issues.
- Complete detailed reports listing technical assistance needed, steps taken for resolution, and the specific dates/individuals involved.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business (Sales and Marketing)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a technical service or supporting role in the power industry.
- If no bachelor’s degree, a Technical degree from an accredited institution and six years of experience may be substituted.
- Power products (UPS, PDU, Auto-Transfer Switch (ATS)) experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal verbal and written communication skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer needs.
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs.
- Experience in responding to bids, RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs.
- Demonstrated understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors.
- Capable of creatively developing new processes to drive efficiency.
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others as a contributing team member; self-motivating
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
- Must be able to travel 15-30%.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with contacts in other countries and cultures.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of competitor systems and designs helpful.
- Single-phase and 3-phase power systems experience.
- SNMP (Network) communication, Cloud monitoring, and software monitoring experience
- Ability to learn new technologies very quickly, teaching others, and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the market and the latest technologies.
Special Notice for COVID-19
CyberPower has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to our mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. The Field Service Engineer is currently a remote position during COVID-19 and is expected to transition back into the office when we feel this can be done safely; travel is not expected during COVID-19. In-person interviews have been suspended and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format until further notice. Thank you for your continued interest in working at CyberPower.