The Fulfillment Specialist facilitates interaction between customer service, warehouse, marketing and sales, and shipping for assigned client accounts. This position is part of the Fulfillment team which processes orders, schedules and releases orders for shipment according to sales policy and customer requirements and investigates and resolves complex customer complaints.
- Process customer orders received via all input methods (EDI/ internal PO inbox/ account portal).
- Manage order process in an accurate and timely manner from receipt of customer order through customer shipment, delivery, and invoice for designated customer accounts.
- Manage carrier quotes within the TMS (Proship) to drive cost efficiency and shipping reliability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain current working knowledge of products, allocation process, customers and carrier vendors that align and support company and client needs.
- Provide varied customer support to the National Accounts teams regarding purchase order tracking efforts.
- Responsible for the implementation and updating of Vendor Compliance policies, Charge backs, and relationships for assigned accounts where applicable Support manual data entry for order fulfillment process (routing, billing, invoicing entry).
- Correspond with carrier vendors and internal/ external customers addressing questions and provide resolution to any customer service issues and concerns.
- Enter and maintain purchase order process within our ERP and TMS system (Microsoft Great Plains/ ProShip).
- Responsible for the administration and documenting of Return/Correction orders for shipment refusals, carrier damages, and carrier shortages resulting in timely reporting and financial updating. Proactively update internal customers regarding inventory specific situations: open orders, back-orders, in-transit updates.
- Will serve as the primary back up to other Fulfillment Specialists who are away for planned and unplanned absences.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one-year order fulfillment and/or customer service experience in relevant industry.
- Preference given to those holding a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in and web-based application /ERP systems. EDI experience is a must.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong Excel skills are a must.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.