Reporting to the Fulfillment Manager, the Fulfillment Specialist facilitates interaction between customer service, warehouse, marketing and sales, and shipping. This position is part of the Fulfillment team which processes orders, schedules and releases orders for shipment according to sales policy and customer requirements, and investigates and resolves complex customer complaints.
- Process customer orders received via all input methods (EDI/ internal PO inbox/ account portal).
- Manage order process in an accurate and timely manner from receipt of customer order through customer shipment, delivery, and payment for designated customer accounts.
- Manage carrier quotes within the TMS (Proship) to drive cost efficiency and shipping reliability to meet customer requirements.
- Strong knowledge of products, customers, carrier vendors.
- Support purchase order tracking efforts for key National Accounts.
- Manage Vendor Compliance policies, Charge backs, and relationships for assigned accounts where applicable Support manual data entry for order fulfillment process (routing, billing, invoicing entry).
- Correspond with carrier vendors and internal/ external customers.
- Resolve customer service issues.
- Enter and maintain purchase order process within our ERP and TMS system (Microsoft Great Plains/ ProShip).
- Manage Return/ Correction orders for shipment refusals, carrier damages, and carrier shortages.
- Contact internal customers regarding inventory specific situations: open orders, back-orders, in-transit updates.
- Support the allocation process for assigned accounts to ensure proper order fulfillment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and or/equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years order fulfillment/ customer service experience in relevant industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web based application /ERP systems. EDI experience is a must.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work closely with multiple channels.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work as a contributing team member.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through