The HR Intern will provide administrative and technical assistance for the Human Resources Department in accordance with company policies and procedures. As an HR Intern, you will support and learn from our collaborative HR team across a variety of areas, contributing to a positive and productive work environment.
- Organize, maintain, process, and update accurately all employee records and files weekly.
- Act as technical resource for employees and administrative employees to address and resolve inquiries and problems relating to the human resources function.
- Compose and prepare letters, memos, correspondence, etc., using word processing software.
- Collaborate with company events.
- Participate in employee engagement initiatives and action plan development.
- Partner with HR Team on activities of the employee life cycle.
- Serve as back-up to HR Assistant/Specialist/Manager for temporary associate timecard review and approval process.
- Collaborate and consult on company-wide policies, may assist in the creation and refinement ofcompany-wide HR policies.
- Maintain confidentiality and follow documented standard operating procedures (SOPs), providing timely updates as needed.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Two years of college coursework or related experience required.
- Currently enrolled in a Business or Human Resources 2- or 4-year degree program preferred.
- Requires the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies, and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence, and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing these duties the person is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, climb stairs, kneel, or crouch and successfully demonstrate the ability to write or use a computer or other electronic devices and operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Employees in this position may need to regularly lift at least [25 lbs. and up to 80] pounds occasionally and may need to exert themselves while performing the above-mentioned duties.
- Perform various physical labor including climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods of time. Also includes being able to lift boxes, tools, equipment, and materials.
- Ability to drive a car and travel to worksites. Employees will be reimbursed mileage according to corporate reimbursement schedule if using a personal vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodation will be made as needed to assure staff is safe. Assistance will be provided if an employee is unable to complete a task.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Current driver’s license along with a good driving record and valid insurance.