The IT Intern will support the IT Department for a specified period with the goal of learning how the IT (Information Technology) Team support the larger organization. Areas of focus will be on day-to-day project support and providing other multi-level support to our internal partners, problem-solving while gaining experience, skills and relevant knowledge.
- Help in the delivery of support tasks at the direction of the IT Help Desk.
- Able to setup/maintain workstations with IT equipment as computer, printers and other IT peripherals.
- Prioritize incoming IT tickets, documenting procedures and share with IT Help Desk when complete.
- Working as a member of the team, and independently when appropriate, using communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, accomplish assigned assignments.
- Engage end- users to collect information about problems and lead end-users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error as well as educate and instruct end-users on various application and hardware issues.
- Solve end-user issues remotely via standard remote support tools and methods when applicable.
- Consulting with other team members, providing accurate and timely support for our company IT systems.
- Communicate directly with end-users to ascertain IT difficulties and assist in resolving them, providing a positive customer experience.
- Promptly answer support related emails, phone calls and other electronic communications professionally.
- Manage, prioritize, and resolve or escalate support requests as appropriate.
- Deliver exceptional customer service on every communication, which includes demonstrating patience, the ability to listen, empathize, analyze, and adapt to customer situations adeptly.
- Assist with the development of security and technology solutions, designed to enhance existing practices while meeting the needs of the department.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Passionate about technology with the ability to quickly learn technically related material.
- Willingness to learn troubleshooting of hardware, software and VoIP phone systems.
- Debugging skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Intermediate experience with Mac and PC computers, including experience operating within a Windows environment; Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others as a contributing team member; self-motivating.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing these duties the person is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, climb stairs, kneel, or crouch and successfully demonstrate the ability to write or use a computer or other electronic devices and operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Employees in this position may need to regularly lift at least 5 lbs. and up to 40 pounds occasionally and may need to exert themselves while performing the above-mentioned duties.
- Perform various physical labor including climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods of time. Also includes being able to lift boxes, tools, equipment, and materials.
- Ability to drive a car and travel to worksites. Employees will be reimbursed mileage according to corporate reimbursement schedule if using a personal vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodation will be made as needed to assure staff is safe. Assistance will be provided if an employee is unable to complete a task.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Current driver’s license along with a good driving record and valid insurance.