Reporting to the Outbound Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor, and Warehouse Manager, the Material Handler II will help maintain the flow and order of the outbound/inbound section of the warehouse. Responsible for the assembly, preparation, receipt, verification, and storage of outbound products from incoming shipments, this position utilizes a forklift and other heavy machinery, such as pallet jacks and clamp and reach trucks, to effectively move large quantities of product within the warehouse.
- Responsible for the timely unloading of containers, verification of pallet configuration and count with the inbound manifest.
- Monitor and report any inbound issues, such as product condition, pallet configurations, labels, and customer specific requirements.
- Pull/Pick and stage product for shipment against customer purchase orders with the outbound section of the warehouse.
- Load and Ship product ensuring product is loaded correctly and verified.
- Operate heavy equipment (forklifts/ clamp and reach truck/ pallet jacks) to move materials daily.
- Administer preventative maintenance plans on equipment to ensure timely service takes place and assist leadership with scheduling staff or use of outside vendors.
- Monitor and report out any outbound and receiving issues, such as product condition, pallet configuration, labels, and customer specific requirements, to meet customer purchase orders.
- Regularly operate RF scanner within our WMS system – High Jump ensuring accurate data information is obtained and recorded.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Advocates to others warehouse safety regulations, housekeeping practices and encourages employees to become safety conscious.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Minimum three years’ warehouse experience in relevant industry.
- Qualified to operate heavy equipment to move material.
- Proficient in Warehouse Management Systems – HighJump experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and follow warehouse procedures and processes.
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies, and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence, and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member, self-motivating.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.