90 Days Temp-to-Hire Position
Reporting to the RMA Supervisor, the Material Handler I – Processing Orders helps maintain the flow and order of RMA inventory in the warehouse. Responsible for the receipt, verification and inventory of incoming RMA products. This position utilizes a forklift and other heavy machinery, such as pallet jacks and clamp and reach trucks, to effectively move large quantities of product within the warehouse.
- Responsible for the receipt, unloading, organization and processing of received product materials and RMA inventory ensuring accurate documentation into data systems.
- Monitor and report any RMA issues: RMA space capacity, product condition, pallet configuration, labels, and packing materials.
- Regularly operate RF scanner within our WMS system – High Jump ensuring accurate data information is obtained and recorded.
- Load or unload trucks making sure incoming product is free from damage and coincides with packing list or return authorization, and freight is properly positioned and secured in the truck.
- Administer preventative maintenance plans on equipment to ensure timely service takes place and assist leadership with scheduling staff or use of outside vendors.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Advocates to others warehouse safety regulations, housekeeping practices and encourages employees to become safety conscious.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of two years prior warehouse experience in relevant industry.
- Qualified to operate heavy equipment to move material.
- Proficient in Warehouse Management Systems – HighJump experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and follow warehouse procedures and processes.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.