The Senior Product Manager manages the overall direction of the surge protector and power accessories product portfolio. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies which will drive profitable growth of the assigned product lines. Working closely with the Product Development, Engineering, Marketing and Sales teams, this person will create, manage, and execute the product roadmap for a portfolio of power products including, but not limited to surge protectors and power accessories (inverters, chargers, power strips, etc.).
- Analyze market and industry trends, customer needs and the competitive landscape to develop the product portfolio strategies and roadmaps.
- Work with engineering to execute the product roadmap – develop new products, add product enhancements, implement running changes, and/or reduce product cost. Provide product development with product requirements based on customer needs, industry trends and/or competitive analysis.
- Act as the product expert for the assigned products.
- Support sales teams with answers to product questions and details regarding product specifications; recommend product assortment for customers; provide information in response to RFP’s and line reviews, maintain customer intimacy with key players.
- Manage products throughout their lifecycles (new product launches, rationalization of the product portfolio, end of life etc.)
- Develop product value proposition and subsequent pricing strategy
- Assist with product forecasting
MARKETING AND TRAINING
- Work with Marketing team to ensure successful product launch by assisting the Marketing team with the development of product support material, i.e, collateral.
- Create product training material and provide internal and external training as necessary.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams..
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in product management or product marketing in B2C and B2B environments with engineered products (power products preferred but not required) including a record of increased responsibilities and results.
- Experience supporting retail and channel sales.
- Strong Leadership and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn and understand the technology associated with power products.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across potential language barriers and produce desired results.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, being sensitive to and serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
- Some travel may be necessary.