Reporting to the Channel Marketing Manager, the Tradeshow Coordinator is responsible for working in a diverse, demanding environment that requires strong attention to detail, flexibility, communication, and interpersonal skills. The Tradeshow Coordinator works on ensuring successful and efficient operation of all trade show participation efforts. This position will be responsible for end to end event coordination and tracking. The Tradeshow coordinator is also responsible for managing the branded and promotional materials for CyberPower. The individual in this position will be a point-of-contact for the channel sales team and will interact with internal creative teams and external vendors to coordinate marketing projects.
- Assists sales teams with necessary support and materials in a timely manner for successful tradeshows, marketing events, floor days and vendor fairs including promotional items, apparel, collateral, and materials.
- Research trade shows to determine/recommend relevance and level of participation.
- Work with sales team and Channel Marketing Manager to determine/recommend what booth materials are needed: graphics, collateral materials, promotional products, etc.
- Manage all aspects of tradeshow registration including shipping coordination
- Assist with hotel or travel arrangements as needed
- Track all trade show expenses, work with in CRM system to tie costs to appropriate accounts
- Work on promotional items, as assigned, to identify appropriate items, shop for vendors who provide them, negotiate the best rate and ensure quality.
- Inventory and manage all promotional products.
- Approve request from sales team for show/event materials. Pick, pack and ship materials for timely delivery.
- Manage and negotiate with vendors, with strong emphasis on minimizing expenses to maximize brand image.
- Assist Channel Marketing Manager with miscellaneous projects to raise brand awareness for publications represented at certain shows through various efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in B2B tradeshows & events. IT or Technology based company a plus.
- Experience sourcing and purchasing thru 3rd party vendors
- Professional written verbal, presentation and phone communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, initiation and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating and self-managing.
- Ability to prioritize projects and see marketing programs from concept to completion.
- Familiar with customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.