Industry-leading user experience and design provides easier power management
Shakopee, Minn. – August 21, 2019 – Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc., a leader in power protection and management products, announced the new release of its popular PowerPanel® Business software, which provides advanced power management of its uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems and network-connected power distribution units (PDUs). PowerPanel Business 4.1 makes it even easier to monitor and manage equipment with an intuitive, color-coded user interface, and visual indicators to provide at-a-glance UPS monitoring. The software supports multiple operating systems, including Windows®, VMware, and Linux.
“We spoke extensively with our PowerPanel Business users and provided them with a ground-up redesign of the user interface and graphics for anywhere, anytime power monitoring and management,” said Tim Derochie, director of product management at CyberPower. “The new interface is industry-leading compared to similar software solutions in the space.”
Cyberpower PowerPanel Business 4.1 software is ideal for IT professionals across all sizes of businesses, from small to large enterprises, as well as state, educational, and federal agencies.
Both the user experience and user interface of PowerPanel Business 4.1 software has been redesigned with these features:
- Intuitive design – color-coded graphics and indicators provide quick views of UPS status, network power conditions, and instant problem recognition.
- Redesigned user interface: improved menus, tables, and icons support intuitive operation and navigation of the software.
- Enhanced experience: makes UPS configuration, automatic shut downs, and event notifications straightforward to manage. Reorganized menus provide logical steps for setup and operation.
- UPS status panel – stays in view during operation of the software, making it easy to reference and identify the battery backup unit and its vitals.
- At-a-glance dashboard – presents visual cues for immediate status, alerts, and troubleshooting. Users can quickly get to desired information and settings.
Like prior versions of CyberPower PowerPanel Business software, functionality includes:
- Configuration: easy-to-use controls make UPS setup simple and allow for customized configuration to meet your needs.
- Auto shutdowns: protects servers and workstations from data loss due to power failure by automatically saving files and safely shutting down equipment.
- Event logs: provide key insights for trouble-shooting and prevention of potential power issues.
- Remote access and scheduling: access of UPS via a web browser allows administrators to plan remote management of tasks and operations, such as scheduling self-tests, unattended shutdowns, and reboots.
- Alerts: notifications about power events and conditions can be sent via email, SMS text, and instant message.
PowerPanel Business 4.1 is available in three versions: Local, for connecting a computer directly to the UPS with USB or serial cable; Remote, for connecting via your network to the RMCARD installed in the UPS to manage up to 50 clients; and Management, for administrators to monitor and manage an unlimited number of CyberPower products on the network.
CyberPower PowerPanel Business software remains one of the only leading UPS power-management software solutions that is available completely free of charge. PowerPanel Business 4.1 is available for download at: https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/software/power-panel-business/powerpanel-business-43-windows-2/.
About Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc.
CyberPower designs and manufactures uninterruptible power supply systems, power distribution units, surge protectors, remote management hardware, power management software, mobile chargers, and connectivity products. The company serves customers in enterprise, corporate, government, education, healthcare, and small office/home office environments. CyberPower products are available through authorized distributors and sold by value-added resellers, system integrators, managed service providers, select retailers, and online resellers. For more information, visit: https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/.
Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc.
Tim Madsen, 952-403-9500