Reasons why your CyberPower product might beep:
UPS systems are designed to make beeping noises to alert users that the UPS is having difficulties by providing quick responses to specific issues.
Types of beeping noises:
- Beeping twice every 15-45 seconds: The problem with beeping twice noise is usually an indicator that the CyberPower unit is running on battery power only.
- Long solid beep: This is usually an indicator that you have overloaded your CyberPower unit.
- Rapidly beeping: This is usually an indicator that your CyberPower product’s battery is almost out of charge.
How to fix each of these beeping noises:
Beep twice every 15-45 seconds:
- Check to ensure that the unit is correctly plugged into the wall outlet.
- Ensure the wall outlet is functioning properly by unplugging your CyberPower unit and then plugging it into a different outlet.
- If the other wall outlet works, then you should still contact an electrician to repair the broke wall outlet.
Long solid beep:
- Unplug low priority electronics and plug them into the Surge-only outlets on your CyberPower product.
- If this doesn’t work, unplug the unit from the wall outlet after all the equipment have been unplugged from the unit.
- Note: this might be an indication that you need a new CyberPower unit that can keep up with the demand that is required.
- Turn off the UPS because it’s at about 25% battery and it’s going to shut off soon.
- Note: turning off the UPS means that the power is out and none of the outlets will work if you turn the UPS off.
- The devices user manual will contain the explicit instructions on which steps to take to mute beeping on your UPS. Search for your model number in the search box in the navigation to find the product detail page. Locate the “Downloads” tab on the product detail page. In the “Downloads” tab, you will find a link to the PDF user manual.
Applies to the following CyberPower UPS product lines:
PFC Sinewave, Intelligent LCD, Ecologic, AVR, Standby, PC Battery Backup
If your Cyberpower unit is still producing these beeping noises, please contact technical support for assistance.